Monday, December 27, 2021
Monday, September 20, 2021
1. Gavin turned 15,
3. The week just went off perfectly. Sometimes my obsessive time management skills come in handy.
4. Having Friday off was perfect and I managed to not break the parade with my job I was given.
5. Beautiful weather all weekend!!
6. Class of 99 girls supporting the Street Dance!
7. Seeing these three in Glenwood is like a breath of fresh air.
8. Having over 450 people at the street dance.
9. Getting so many high fives, good jobs, hugs...it was a good night.
10. And it was a good night because I have this group of support (along with Adrian and Julie)
Monday, September 13, 2021
1. Another Husker football win, and a Tom Brady win.
2. Everything for the Street Dance coming together in the most amazing way.
3. My sister Kate, who helped me make this out of the kindness of her big 'ol heart
4. A night of bonding on an outdoor patio with Jenny and Jaimie.
5. A night of bonding around a (not on fire) firepit with Missy, Emily and Katie.
6. Finishing my 45th book of the year!
7. A weekend of awesome company.
8. Securing another food vendor for the Street Dance! (Yes, I was whining not long ago about not being able to find even one, and now we have three.)
9. Quinn was born six years ago, which means my life has been so much more amazing for six years.
10. Aubrey is two now and SO much fun, and she had a blast on Saturday partying hard in Quinn's room.
Monday, September 6, 2021
1. The start of Fall semester. There's just something great about it.
2. Securing not one, but two food vendors for the Street Dance, when I legit didn't think we were going to have any
3. All the things I have learned since starting this Street Dance project
4. Seeing Peg's parents after 4 years!
5. Finishing two books this week (one was an audiobook)
6. A HUSKER FOOTBALL WIN
7. Feeling like I am taking control
8. Also, feeling like I was right and I FREAKING told you so.
9. Time to play Cookie Jam.
10. This picture of Aubrey. Look at her little hands!
Sunday, August 29, 2021
1. When an event I planned for months (in this case, New Student Orientation for 180 students) goes off very well. Obviously there are some things to change and tweak, but overall everything went well and it was one of my more complicated ventures.
2. Finishing an audiobook.
3. Going to a scary movie with Nick where I am petrified to the point of trying to bribe Nick not to go. But then I go and it's no big deal and even better, it didn't keep me up all night.
4. Watching Coop and Chan play football, Chan for the very first time!! The rain and wind tried really hard to cancel the game, but it didn't work.
5. Adult Boji time at West O with just Hannah and Nick.
6. Taco House, because duh.
7. When I was packing up and getting ready to leave, Chandler told me about a house near them that's for sale so I can just move there.
8. Getting a two arm, real hug from Cooper without a device in his hand.
9. Ted Lasso
10. First Day of School Eve - my 12th year in Higher Education! And sixth academic year at Clarkson College.
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
It's not news to anyone who is close to me that I didn't handle quarantine and COVID very well.
I got into a weird depression, even though I've never been like a crazy party animal who went out all the time.
I take that back. Post 2008, I've not been a party animal who goes out all the time.
Anyway, I didn't handle the world shutting down very well. And I still haven't really gotten my act together. I would really, really like more time to get my act together, but it seems as though the world is going to shut down soon again.
As long as I can still have my Street Dance on Sept 18...I'll be okay.
I need to get back on track, just with consistency, health, setting goals, not taking naps every day, etc. And I can't use COVID and the world shutting down as an excuse anymore. I need to completely transform everything and become a new person.
You know, no big deal.
I will be working on this starting Monday, after I get through Hell Week at work and my last weekend before fall semester starts.
Someone hold me to this, please.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
The other day I was walking on my favorite trail - the Wabash Trace Trail in Council Bluffs. The trail is really clearly marked, a sign for each quarter mile, which I love. This particular day, I was walking down to the 1.75 mile marker so I could turn around for 3.5 miles total.
I was just walking along (I rarely run anymore, that's an update), listening to my audiobook and a runner started coming toward me from the other direction. I did my usual - friendly wave, say hello. She returned the wave but then shouted "You're awesome!" I giggled because I wasn't expecting that, and yelled "oh my, so are you!"
I couldn't stop thinking about that for the longest time. It made my day. I am awesome. She's awesome. And we all need to tell each other that more often.
Friday, March 19, 2021
I've hit the 40 and a half mark of my life and I have managed to knock three states off my to do list - next up was IDAHO!
I flew out to see Juana and John - I hadn't been able to fly out there in nearly a year and a half! Damn COVID. The Omaha airport was absolutely packed and then my layover in Vegas was even worse. Even though I'm vaccinated, it still felt so weird being that close to people again.
We did all our usual activities - pedicures, shopping, going out to eat, my hair - but we spent more time at home this time, which I love. Home cooked meals and bonding time.
We also had two adventures - we hiked the rock at Beacon Rock State Park in Washington. It was absolutely beautiful, although VERY windy and cold the higher up we went.
And, of course, as my spoiler alert blog title suggests, we knocked another state off my list by venturing over to Idaho! We drove over, went shopping (there was a TJM right next door to our hotel), went to a fun steakhouse for dinner and spent the night. Did anyone else know Idaho is so so beautiful? I had no idea.
It was a super fantastic trip, and I was able to just relax, catch up on sleep, read a lot...so relaxing and wonderful!