Dude...things are rough lately. So I am going to start a new Sunday series called "5 good things that happened this week". This series may be continuing or it may last one week. Who really knows?
1. Wednesday night I had a street dance meeting and an alumni association meeting in Glenwood. I love Glenwood. But also I love getting together with ambitious, like-minded people who push me out of my comfort zone and encourage our group to do good things for that community.
2. I ordered a new bed frame from Wayfair.com and I was super nervous about putting it together - I almost just paid the $60 for the wayfair guy to come do it. But I put on my big girl pants, pulled out my tool box (which I didn't need, because they literally send everything you need), and did it MYSELF! And I did a damn good job, and now I will be buying millions of more items from wayfair.
3. I had two good RD finds this week - another birdhouse and a pitcher that I've been trying to find for a friend for two years!
4. Missy and I went to see A Night With Queen (I think that's what it was called...) at the Orpheum. We walked in the door and a friend of Missy's exchanged our tickets (which were very good) for even better ones in the FRONT row! It was such a fun night, and I'm glad we had that experience together before everything in the world shut down for the unforeseeable future.
5. Friday was Nicole's birthday (38...I love these 4.5 months where she is only one year younger than me) and Saturday was Mom's birthday. Kate and I treated them to a birthday breakfast. It was some good girl talk.