If you know me in real life, you know that I take celebrity deaths very, very badly. I think this is mostly because I have never experienced a real loss in my teenage-adult years, so I have little to no perspective when it comes to losing people.
Last weekend, when Nick and I and the boys were at Buffalo Wild Wings, I couldn't help but think about one of the times we were at BDubs in Omaha. The boys were doing their thing, Hannah and Nick were talking and I was watching the TV on one of the far walls. All of a sudden, breaking news....Whitney fucking Houston = dead. I lost my mind. I was hoping that our return trip to BWW wouldn't equal another celebrity death.
The first celebrity death I remember really feeling passionate about was Lucille Ball. I don't know why. I was only 8 years old when she died, but I remember being really affected by it. I dreamt about her a lot, and just couldn't seem to shake off her death.
Some other celebrity deaths that have rocked my world are:
1. Paul Walker. I was in Minneapolis with Missy when Paul died, and we were on our way to meet our friend Adam for dinner. I couldn't even speak. Luckily both Adam and Missy know what a spaz I am so it didn't seem to affect them (or I was playing third wheel and they didn't even notice I was there, anyway).
2. Cory Monteith from Glee. I am still not over this one, even a little bit. I was lying in bed when I got a text from my friend Jill. All it said was "Glee kid dead." I guess Jill wasn't affected as much as I was.
3. Amy Winehouse. I am such a fan of her music. I am so sad we will never hear more.
4. Brittany Murphy. Jill and I were at Walmart when one of us got the news on our phones (probably me - I am pretty sure Jill was still using a flip phone at that point).
5. Whitney Houston. Besides the meltdown in a Buffalo Wild Wings, I went home that night and melted down again. I spent the entire night youtubing her videos and crying. I still haven't stopped listening to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" on repeat.