I'm having a rough time right now, so I am going to write about 11 blessings/things I am thankful for in my life right now. Because you know - sometimes you need a reminder and a little bit of perspective.
1. My health is generally good. My weight may be up right now, but I know I am healthy. I can work out really hard and keep up with people, whether it is kickboxing or running. That hasn't always been the case, so I need to remember to be thankful for that.
2. I bought a new scale this weekend. At the gym the other day, I measured my body fat and I am down 5% since I last measured at Farrell's in June! So my weight may be up, but clearly I am getting stronger and I'm not wasting my time with my workouts. So I went and bought a scale that also measures body fat so I can keep track of that as well.
3.My family is generally in good health. I have pretty young parents compared to my friends, and they are both in good health (even though my mom doesn't want to admit that) (another story for another time). I do have an uncle who is getting ready to battle his leukemia, but he has the best doctors in the world taking care of him so he will be fine.
4. It's awards season, and I just love this time of the year. Last weekend I was planning on seeing a bunch of movies, but the cold temps and personal stuff kept me inside. So this weekend I will see at least one!
5. Despite the mugging I witnessed about a week ago, I love my little apartment. I feel safe there (for some reason) and I love just having my own space that I feel completely at home in. My set up may not make sense for anyone else, but it suits me perfectly.
6. I like my job a lot, and I love working with my students. Yes, there are days and things that happen that drive me crazy. But for the most part, I like what I do and I like going to work every day. And I have some pretty awesome and fun coworkers.
7. I have really wonderful friends.
8. My jeep runs very well. This wasn't the case during the holiday season, so I am thankful for the shop I took the ol' girl to so they can fix her up and I can (hopefully) go a few more months with no car payments.
9. Because of my It Works Greens, I haven't been sick all winter. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. But seriously, those little things are a godsend. I cannot believe I haven't been knocked out by a cold or the flu all winter!
10. It's Thursday, which means it's kind of Friday, which means it's kind of the weekend.
11. My aunt will be here soon, and I took a day off work just to go to lunch and hang out with her.