So I've spent some time today stalking my own blog, and I realized that I am slacking like a mo fo. Last year I wrote 160 entries, and there is some good stuff in there. (Look to the right if you want to read some archives.)(Trust me, it's highly entertaining.)
This year, so far, I am only at 91. What the eff, Jen? What's your problem?
Well, I have to say this...I'm lazy. I love writing, but for the life of me I cannot come up with blog content. At least, not interesting enough content that I think people will want to read. I've been thinking and googling and researching and contemplating this blog tonight, and trying to decide if I want to give it up or continue just writing every once in awhile.
I'm not giving it up. Lucky you! And I am going to work really hard on blogging more often and making my entries more interesting.
So I thought I would start this revamping of my blog off with what I've been up to lately, and what has been keeping me so busy that I can't seem to blog.
1. I have been pretty obsessed with reading lately. There is something about cuddling up with a book under a blanket that makes me SOO happy.
2. All of those books from from the library. Yes, I still go to the library. I recently discovered the Millard branch of the Omaha Public Library and I love it so much more than the Ralston branch, so I have been going bananas with my library trips. I am usually there once a weekend. I want to work there.
3. When I'm not reading, I am obsessively watching anything on Investigation Discovery. My favorite shows are Deadly Women and Wives with Knives, and I just discovered a new show called Momsters about moms who lose their shit when someone messes with their kid. No, I'm not going to go crazy and kill someone, and, yes, I often have to fast forward through the bloody parts.
4. I am also spending a lot of time working out - I'm not focusing so much on cardio right now because running season is over and I cannot handle the treadmill. Instead, I am doing quick workouts on the treadmill or the ellpitical and spending a lot of time doing more strength training. We'll see how this goes.
5. Hopefully it goes well, because my weight is outta control. I need to get my eating under control. I need to just reel it in and act like I did the first time I did weight watchers. I'm working on it.
6. Work is going well, but I would be lying if I said I don't have a countdown going (11 days of work left this year...).
7. I have been OCD about keeping my apartment as clean as possible. I'm not sure what has come over me, but I spend a lot of spare time scrubbing and vacuuming.
8. I am also kind of obsessed with getting all my debt paid off, so I spend a lot of time looking at my bank account and wishing there was more money in it.
9. Instagram has become my boo thing lately. I am obsessed with it.
10. It's almost award season, so I am scouring the internet for clues on who is going to be nominated this year.