Here are the things that have kept me from writing for awhile...
1. Last Saturday night was my high school class reunion. 15 years! I dragged Zach there, promising we only had to stay for an hour. Of course, I had to practically drag him out five and a half hours later. It was a fun night, and since I was doing most of the planning, I'm super relieved it is over for another five years. Although, the next morning when I met the girls for brunch (so we could talk about everyone we saw the night before, of course) we sort of planned a 16 year reunion for next year.
2. My Aunt Juana and I took a road trip all around the Midwest last Monday and Tuesday. We drove down to the Precious Moments Chapel and Museum in Carthage, Missouri (her obsession) and then over to Wamego, Kansas, which is considered "Oz" (obviously my obsession). It was awesome. I have been wanting to go there for so long, and I was not disappointed. And I got to spent two days with one of my top five favorite people. How lucky am I to have an Aunt who is only 8 years older than me, so she can also double as one of my best friends? #blessed #ihatewhenpeoplehashtagblessed
3. Work, of course, is absolutely bananas since I took five full days off. I'm waiting for things to settle down, but it just doesn't seem to happen.
4. I got an iPhone 6. So most of my time is spent getting that set up to my liking.
5. It's no secret to this blog that I love love LOVE anything Gillian Flynn writes, and her first book-made-into-a-movie Gone Girl hit the big screen this week. My book club (yes I'm in a book club, don't hate) bought sneak peek tickets so we got to see it Thursday night before everyone else. It was amazing. But...confession....one part got me all grossed out and I almost passed out. Do you know how gross it is to be dripping sweat in a movie theatre, trying to convince yourself not to faint? Yeah, it sucks.
6. I've been a super huge reading nerd lately. I finished Jennifer Weiner's All Fall Down yesterday and started...and finished Rainbow Rowell's Landline this weekend. Rainbow's book mayyyy have me yearning for a past love #theonewhogotaway #apparentlyiusehashtagsinmyblognow
7. When I'm not reading or playing with my iPhone, I have been watching women serial killer stories on Investigation Discovery.8. I went to Nick's last night to watch the Huskers heartbreaking loss and do 17387183 "flipovers" with Chandler.
9. Oh yeah, running. That pesky half marathon is in two weeks. I can't wait to retire from distance running after that.
10. I can't end a list on a number on an odd number. So I've also convinced myself I have breast cancer (no lumps or actual reasoning for this, it's just in my head) so that is taking up a lot of my time.
Another reason I haven't been blogging as much is because I hate computers (because I stare at one all freaaaaaaaaking day at work) but I just did this entry on my iPad and it's not so bad...so I will half ass promise to do this again soon. Maybe tomorrow? That seems aggressive. But I will try.