This is exactly what happened: I was cruising along, listening to my audio book (shut up, it's cool to listen to audio books and you know it). As I made the final turn to get into Omaha, my jeep started scccccreeeeeeeeeching as it slowed down, and then it started sccccccccreeeeeeeching as it sped back up. It was ridic. I turned my book off and just listened to my heart pounding as my vehicle continued to sound like a dying dolphin. Then all of a sudden it felt like the bottom of my jeep just fell out from under me, and I started puttering. I pulled off on the side of the road, called Nick in a panic, and then called my dad.
I seriously didn't know what to do. I don't know how to handle situations like that.
Everything has somehow worked itself out. My jeep is now fine, but now, of course, I am thinking of all the things I don't know what to do that I should know how to do.
- I should know how to handle a situation like that, but I don't. I have State Farm Insurance and I sang "like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" but nothing happened. Do I call a tow truck? Do I call a garage? Do I call a cab? I have no idea.
- I don't know how to change a tire. In driver's ed when I was supposed to learn, my dad just signed it for me and said girls don't need to know how to change a tire. I 100% agree with him, but that probably won't help me at some point in my life.
- I don't know how to prepare a turkey dinner. Again, it's okay because I go home for those holidays. But maybe someday I will want to make my own turkey.
- I don't know how to do anything with my 401(k). I am now getting signed up for my retirement account at Midland, and while doing this I realized I have accounts not only from Kaplan still, but from Ameristar. I left Astar in July 2009. Seriously Jen? Get your shit together.
- I cannot handle any kind of medical emergency. During my neck surgery issues, I pretty much had to live with my sister/parents to get through it. Last night I took a shower that was too hot and I almost passed out. I got a splinter in my hand once and it took me a week to get out. I am a disaster.
- I don't know how to golf. I feel like as a professional, I should at least be able to get through a couple holes.