I am one of those people who REALLY look forward to my birthday. I am not too concerned about getting old - I still think 33 is really young. However, I do think 33 is an odd age. It's like almost to 35, which is almost to 40. So I am getting kinda old.
I've been thinking a lot lately about what is acceptable after you hit a certain age. I mean, there are certainly things I did in my 20's that I don't think I could get away with now, at the ripe old age of 32.
- I can't go out during the work week anymore. I mean, I could if a special occasion should pop up. But for the most part, I can't justify being out all night, just to suffer through work the next day. I do not understand how I used to do this - every single Thursday night, I would go out and get completely shit faced AND I usually hosted afterhours. How the fuck did I do that? And that wasn't all - I was usually out and about two or three other nights a week too, closing down good ol' Goofys.
- I think I am too old for long hair now.
- I probably can't justify sex in a car, or in a back alley. But I'm not marking these completely off the list yet. Maybe when I'm 35.
- But on that note...probably too old for an unplanned pregnancy at this point in my life.
- I am too old to ever be a student again - so no more classes for me, ever.
- I think I am probably too old to ever let myself get fat again. I can't imagine it gets any easier to take weight off the higher up my age goes.
- Too old for Facebook? I wish I could get rid of that shit.
- I am way too old for fighting with friends - save the drama for yo' mama.
However, there are a few things I have decided I will never be too old for and will continue to do for as long as I live:
- Allow my parents to give me birthday money (it's coming up...)
- Eat shredded cheese straight out of the bag.
- Get my feelings hurt when boys are mean.
- Give road head.
- Watch The Baby Sitters Club on netflix.
- Watch The Wizard of Oz when I don't feel good.