I am not depressed. Please don't start that rumor, my mother will go ballistic and start googling ways to deal with my depression.
While not a candidate for the pysc ward, it is hard to be unemployed. Filling out apps every day, only to hear nothing, is frustrating. And while I am doing a very good job of keeping myself busy, it is unnerving not to know what my plans are in the future. When I get like this, I always crave the same things. I am a creature of habit, and very predictable, and I'm sure those who know me well already know I am falling into my "Jen is unsure of her future" pattern. Those things include:
1. Beverly Hills 90210. I love this show, I grew up with it. So whenever I am feeling unsure or nervous, I watch it on repeat. When I got laid off the first time in 2008, I became absolutely obsessed with the reruns and had to be physically removed from my tv. I just wish Party of Five was also on Soapnet.
2. Green Day's "Dookie" album. I am not even a Green Day fan, but this album just takes me back to my carefree teenage days, when medical bills and rent weren't issues, and my biggest problem was my boyfriend giving another girl a ride home.
3. Wizard of Oz. Duh. Everyone knows this. Last night when I was trying to fall asleep I actually got a craving for this movie.
4. My nephew. Gavin is the coolest cucumber I know. Hanging out with him is like hanging out with a very short, very honest adult. He is so chill, he just calms me down.
5. My dad's kitchen table. That is the place I feel most at home.